EADD is seeking to fill the following vacancies:
1. Team Leader /Livestock Production Specialist– Nyagatare Rwanda
The Team Leader Livestock Production will report to the Country Project Manager and work closely with a team other professionals to manage the day-today operations of all activities of the project in Rwanda and will also act as Heifer International partner team leader. The incumbent will coordinate preparation of periodic action plans in collaboration with country team and ensure that all plans are executed and timelines are met. S/He will lead in implementation of all activities livestock production aspects the project including – planning and budgeting; farmer mobilization and training; producer enterprise development; and coordination of feed, animal husbandry and breeding activities. Other responsibilities will include overseeing programmatic and administrative budgets, logistics and material resource use.
- Advanced degree in Agricultural/Animal Sciences, training in project management with 5 years experience in senior program management position, farm or extension management experience.
- High level proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft windows including Ms Project, and Excel.
2. Dairy Specialist- Nyagatare Rwanda
Reporting to the Team Leader/ Livestock Production Specialist, the holder will advise and support dairy farmer organizations set up and implement rigorous cow-to-table quality assurance systems that meet set country and international food safety standards. The incumbent will carry out quality assessments; formulate related strategies and action plans; train farmers and dairy enterprises staff as well as advise on milk transportation and storage. The dairy specialist will also offer advice to farmers and processors on milk processing and value addition.
- A degree in food science or diploma in dairy technology with 2 years relevant experience.
- Advance skills in computers and MS applications
- Knowledge of Kinyarwanda will be an added advantage
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
Both jobs will entail working in remote regions of Rwanda in a team of diverse cultures and professions. Ability to communicate via telephone, e-mail, instant messenger will be essential.
Please email your CV and cover letter including names of three referees to email@example.com. Closing date is on 27th September 2010. Only Short listed Candidates will be contacted.
The Regional Director
East Africa Dairy Development Program (EADD)
P.O Box 74388-00200, Nairobi, Kenya
EADD is an equal opportunity employer.